Welcome! Welcome! I happily admit that cleaning is not my favorite thing to do. However, I love walking through a clean house. I am happier when my house is clean. Also, when my house is clean, I have time to do some of the things I love, like writing, sewing, and scrapbooking.
When everything is going well and I stay on top of things around the house, here is what I do.
- Load the dishwasher after dinner. It is so nice to get up in the morning and only have a few dishes to clean up from breakfast. My day gets off to a better start.
- Keep up with the laundry. I do not enjoy those days when I have gotten behind and I have to have a marathon day or two or three! It happens. Also, teaching the kids how to do their own helps a lot, even though they end up having to do a marathon day, too.
- Vacuum. I have noticed that when I set out to vacuum, I inevitably have to pick up first. It is amazing how much cleaner and nicer my home looks when I tidy up and vacuum. It usually takes less than 20 minutes.
- Make your own bed. I am sure that there are moms who dutifully make everyone’s beds, but I have a lot that I want to get done and my kids need to learn to make their own, so I limit it to my own bed and I shut the doors to their rooms.
- Limit web time. I know, that’s funny advice coming from a blogger, but there is so much cool stuff on the internet. Just between Facebook and Pinterest, I can knock out all kinds of time and not accomplish anything. If I have some goals I want to accomplish, and I ALWAYS do, then I have to use my time wisely.
There you have it- Five simple ways to eek more time out of your day and still have a tidy house. There will be more to come on this subject. I would love to know how you keep your house clean and still manage to get other things done. Leave comments with your ideas. Thanks for reading!